Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rolex Yachtmaster -- My Favourite Watch

My favourite watch of all time must be the Rolex Yachtmaster but it has to be:
  • Mid-size
  • Two-tone (i.e., gold and stainless steel)
  • Mother-of-Pearl (MOP) dial (all MOP dials look different; I have not found one that I like)
  • Luminous markers (though I only know of the black markers which I do not really like; I have never seen one with luminous markers)
Why am I so picky? Simple. I always believe that if I settle for less, I will always settle for less. Thus, I don't want to settle for less.

A watch is not merely a watch... it is a piece of jewellery which tells a lot about you. Thus, I think that people need to be choosy about what they are "endorsing" to represent them and their taste.

Having said that, I cannot afford to spend A$10k or thereabouts on a Rolex Yachtmaster! I wonder if Rolex or any dealer would be happy to post one out to me for free.